FacebookTwitterYouTubeFlickrPinterestGoogle+

Saturday 18 April 2009

My favourite travelling meal. I first ate this divine combination when I was about ten, on a journey from Belgaum to Bangalore by train. My aunt Jessy prepared these quick and easy spiced eggs and soft stuffed spicy parathas. We were supposed to eat them as an evening meal, but between my uncle and me, we couldn't wait that long, so scarfed the whole lot down at four in the afternoon. We then had to buy food to eat in the evening. Aunt and Mom were so not impressed :-) Everytime I eat this combination, I think of that journey and it makes me smile.

Here's the recipe for the eggs. Its the quickest way to jazz up a boiled egg, and it goes well as a lunchbox treat, as well as with a nice biriyani. I know the pic looks a bit rude, didn't mean to do that, husband ate a piece of the paratha before I could get the pic and so I had to cover that bit with the eggs :-)

Masala Spiced Boiled Eggs (makes four to six)

4 - 6 hard boiled eggs
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp mild Kashmiri chilly powder (or 1/2 tsp hot powder)
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garam masala powder

1. Heat the oil in a shallow pan, and put in all the spices. Saute the spices for about 1 minute or so, making sure they don't burn.

2. Meanwhile gently cut into the eggs a little bit, all around the egg till the yolk, but don't cut into the yolk.

3. Then put the eggs into the mixture, and roll them around until well coated with the masala. Heat the eggs through and serve. Yum!!!

1 comment :

  1. Are these eaten with a knife and fork? Or how can it be served?

    Thanks. This looks quite tasty.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing back from my friends and readers. Please let me know how you liked this post, and if you would consider making this recipe, or have already made it. Please take a moment to post pictures on my Facebook page, if you do happen to take a couple :)

Please note, that due to the enormous amount of spam comments I've been getting, I am re-enabling comment moderation. Your comment will be visible on approval. Apologies in advance.